2012/01/21

2408/2408

This is part of my bike route to work. It's an interesting spot because I need to dodge to the left to avoid turning cars, swing back to the right to cross a complicated set of streetcar tracks, and then move back to the left on some really bad pavement to avoid the cars, trucks, and taxis that are invariably parked at the curb.

One morning when traffic was light I was able to spare enough attention to look around a bit. I always assumed that this was a designated loading zone, and I was wrong. No stopping and tow-away signs are attached to every available post.

In other news, the committee that advises Toronto City Council has proposed increasing fines for illegal parking during rush hour, or blocking bike lanes at any time, to $150 from $60. However, there's also a stipulation that no additional efforts will be taken to enforce the laws that are consistently being broken.

Did I mention that this spot is almost within sight of the Toronto Police headquarters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but anything that seems even remotely like a commercial/SEO message won't ever be published, so don't even bother.